Wednesday, December 19, 2012

wrapping paper and snowscapes


This year we've tried out some of the crafts over at the Creative Christmas Countdown, as I've said in an earlier post. It's been good for me to have intentional craft/baking/Christmas cartoon watching/etc time with the kids. This season can get away from all of us, so being intentional in this area has been great as a reminder to slllooowww dowwwwnnn. We have used some of the ideas as inspiration and some as is. It has been fun and very low stress, including decorating wrapping paper with acrylic paints in the floor of our galley kitchen. We had paint in lots of places, but I got it all cleaned up before Daddy got home! I am slowly learning that a mess is worthwhile if I'm enjoying my children and life. I'd rather have a little bit of a mess than be high strung and snappy because my house doesn't look the way I feel like it should. I feel like I am learning this lesson over and over again...guess that means I haven't mastered it yet! No worries. 


 We bought craft paper and used acrylic paints and cookie cutter to stamp Christmas-y designs



 This is where is got crazy. We hand stamped the paper and it was all over Hb! Zeke did a great job staying relatively clean, but Hb, eh eh. My freak out moment was when I found some in her hair, because as you know, her hair is glorious, but time consuming to clean and style. I don't have time for acrylic paint in Afro-puffs!



Another day we used very watered down Mod Podge to paint white tissue on the window for the little gel penguins and snowmen to play on. Easy cheap and very easy to clean up. I failed to take an after picture. Whoopsy. On a side note...I love that Hb is wearing footie pajamas. She loves those things and they're just so darn adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment