Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Significant Milestone

This weekend marks Hannah belle being home for 9 months. We brought her home when she was 9 months. She has been home with us for as long as she was alive before the Lord brought us together. This blows our minds. Chris and I have talked this week of how amazing it is that we have hit this milestone and it seems like it was just August 29th! I remember at that time feeling like, "She's 9 months old! What happened during her little life in the 9 months privy to our meeting?" Feeling like we missed out on precious moments of her infancy that would have meant so much to us. Now, it hits me that we have had her that SAME amount of time and it blesses my heart. I'm thankful for families like the Davis' and Price's that loved Hannah deeply and nurtured her heart. I'm thankful for Candise and the sacrifice and love she has had for Hannah. I'm thankful Father let us have a part in this amazing story. In 9 months this child has learned to sleep on her own at night, eats better than Zeke, is smart as a whip, talks all the time, jumps, runs, and laughs. Thank you to all of you have prayed for us, supported us, and loved the four of us.

Now lets get this thing FINALIZED!!







"He knew we needed her." -Marilla Cuthbert, Anne of Green Gables

4 comments:

  1. I love it and I love your precious family! The Lord is so good. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote at the end got me! Tears filled my eyes! I loved that movie and I can just hear her saying it now :) Your family is beautiful! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so precious, Katie! I want to meet her in person sometime! Maybe we can get your sweet family of four together with ours. You'll have to warn Zeke that we are full girl over here! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the Anne of Green Gables quote! She is beautiful, Katie - Your whole family is! I mourn those "missed moments" too and feel like one day in eternity when we will "know as we are known" we'll have knowledge of every bit of their beginnings...The good and the bad, but it will be completion. Happy 9 months!

    ReplyDelete